EXEMPTION OF VISA FEES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS
Effective 1st February, 2016 children under 16 years of age accompanying their parent(s) to Kenya will be exempted from paying visa fees.
A visa is required for entry by all visitors traveling to Kenya with the exception of those who fall under the following categories:
- Holders of re-entry passes to Kenya
- Citizens of those countries with which Kenya has a reciprocal visa abolition Agreement : (Ethiopia, San Marino, Eritrea and Uruguay)
- The following countries with which Kenya has reciprocal visa abolition agreements have since revoked the agreements:
Nationals of these countries should NOTE THAT KENYA has reciprocated by imposing VISAS on these countries.
- Multiple Entry Visas are normally issued for a period of six months or one year.
- It should be noted that the possession of a Visa for Kenya is not the final authority to enter Kenya.
- Valid passport with at least two blank pages for endorsements abroad.
Passports must be signed and valid for at least six months.
- Visa application form duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport size photographs attached to the application form.
- Valid round trip ticket or a letter from your travel agent certifying that the applicant holds prepaid arrangements.
- Home and work telephone numbers. NB : All persons of the age of 16 years and below do not require a visa.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE VISA FORM IS CORRECTLY FILLED, PHOTOGRAPHS ENCLOSED AND THE CORRECT FEE ENCLOSED BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION TO ENSURE PROMPT PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION.
- Applications from nationals of the following countries will be referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Nairobi for approval:
- Applicants against whom there is some local objections or doubt in the country where the application is made.
- Stateless persons or persons not holding valid passports or other travel documents issued by their own country of nationality, including recognized refugee holders of the United Nations Refugee Travel Documents.
- All the above visa requirements apply.
- Visa application form should be filled in duplicate and submitted to the Kenya Embassy at least six weeks prior to the proposed date of the applicant’s departure to Kenya.
- Invitation letter from the host or organization to be visited in Kenya.
- A recommendation letter from your employer or school if you are a student.
- Non-refundable reference fee of US $ 5
|TYPE OF VISA||USD $||KRW ₩|
|Multiple Entry VISA||50||69,000|
|Single Entry VISA||25||34,000|
(issued at the port of entry in Kenya)
- Visa applications (except East Africa Tourist Visa) can be processed through the new electronic visa processing system eVisa (www.evisa.go.ke).
HOW DO I APPLY
- Go to www.evisa.go.ke and click on create eVisa account
- Once Logged in, Select Department of Immigration services.
- Select submit Application.
- Select Kenyan Visa.
- Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions Carefully.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay Using visa card, Mastercard and other debit cards.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.